Tuesday, September 25, 2012

College smells like coffee.

Those who know me, know I have three very unfortunate allergies. 
Well, two very unfortunate.
One, I'm indifferent to.
Chocolate, Food dye, and Coffee. 
(there's a WHOLE lotta other stuff I can't eat, but not necessarily allergic to)

So, here I am, trying to be a good lil' human being and go to college like I should.
And we all know, that when you start college it is of course
time for a makeover.
So I dyed my hair BROWN.
Those of you know who me as a blonde... all I have to say is times are a-changin'.
Actually, not really. I decided I hate brown hair so I won't be brunette for long.


WHOA. Too dark? I think so too.
This is my BFF Jayme and I, the day we said "So Long" and went away to college. 
I hate college.

Which gets me back to where I was trying to go with this post.
In my attempt to get a makeover for college, I also changed my skincare. 
I usually use Cetaphil. It's a simple skin cleanser with nothing fancy in it. I usually LOVE this stuff, but found it was drying out my face in Nevada.
(that's where I live now. surprise.)
So I actually decided to try something that was recommended to me by a friend. She recommended 
Acne Free
Which is basically Proactiv, but cheaper. 
But the last time I used that product, my face got really irritated and it just didn't do it for me, folks. 
So I decided to try again, but this time... I got the sensitive version.
Mmm Mmm.

It looks like this, you can buy it at Target, and
It works.
I've been blessed with relatively clear skin, never had a serious problem.
So this stuff is excellent if you are trying to maintain your clear skin. I love it. 
And it's nice to me and my pitiful face that turns red every time I try anything new :) 

So here I am: clear skin, new hair, some new clothes and new mascara.
I get to college, ready to conquer the world and attract all the gentlemen folk,
(oh JUST KIDDING, people. Calm down, seriously.)
And all of a sudden, about two weeks into college, I notice that I'm getting a really bad rash all over my body.
Arms.
Legs.
Back.
Shoulders.
Tummy. 

And I try EVERYTHING. 
So this has been going on for a few weeks now, and everyday I'd go to school, it just seemed to get worse.
Now, this weekend I went home to Utah, and I noticed it got BETTER.
Curiouser and curiouser...
I'm like Sherlock Holmes. 
Maren and the case of the mysterious body rash...
it's gonna be a hit.

ANYWAYS.
After much consideration, questioning, and of course, the scientific method,
I have uncovered the culprit.
It's the coffee shop in the commons of my school.
I pass it everyday, eat stuff from it, and study near it. 
When I DON'T sit next to the coffee shop, my itchiness goes away.
Well would ya look at that.

Thanks, college for NOT considering that some of your students could be going through a serious fashion crisis over here because of your STUPID COFFEE SHOP! 
And to think, I recently applied for a job there...
silly mua. 

This post had no purpose.
Too much information, maybe?
Have a lovely evening. 


If you want to be happy, be.
-May May 

No comments:

Post a Comment