Saturday, December 10, 2011

Why can't we be friends.

People...
I love my friends. Seriously. I have very good, WONDERFUL friends. 

I will be 100% honest. Last year, and the year before, and the year before...
I really did not fully enjoy myself particularly well in the Provo High Drama program. 
It was not anybody's fault. It just was what it was. There were certain people who were friends with certain people and that was that. 

And now...

I seriously LOVE the PHS Drama program :)
I love everyone in it. I love our parties, our fundraisers and our spirit. The program is seriously THRIVING like it has never thrived before (well, as far as I know).
We are all friends. And I'm not just saying that!
Maybe it's because I've been trying extra hard this year to get to know everyone individually, but man, I shoulda been doing that for the last three years! 

I'm also super duper grateful for my superb drama council this year. 
YOU. GUYS. ARE. STELLAR.
Seriously though.
Everyone on council puts forth their whole effort towards everything we do. And all of them are a bajillion times amazing. (is that grammatically correct?) I just wanna thank...

Josie
JC
Marykate
Melissa
Brittany
Maddie
and
Andrew 

You guys really are the bomb. 
(And they put up with my grumpy attitude very frequently.)
I wish I had a picture of all of us, but I don't. Melissa does. And once I get them from her, you will all be able to see their beautiful faces. 

And can I just say something?
I no longer believe the phrase
"We just don't get along."
There is no such thing as just "not getting along". You can get along with anyone. 
(Yes I actually consider this an important piece of knowledge on my blog)
ANY relationship/friendship can work if you decide to forget about yourself and your needs and just 
BE NICE and BE FRIENDS and BE HAPPY
I know it's tempting to lash out on anyone with a different opinion (believe me... I do it all the time), but for the sake of friendships and drama programs everywhere, I say we all just try to be open-minded people with a little sensitivity. I am writing this for my own personal reminder, as well. 
That really repetitive song by War, Why Can't We Be Friends? 
It's so repetitive.
But it's so right!
Why the flip CAN'T we be friends? There is NO reason why you can't just be friends with someone. Unless they killed your mother, or something, I really don't see why their attitude or opinion is YOUR problem. Just.... be their friend.
Heavenly Father did not send us down to this earth at THIS time in THIS place with THESE people for you to not be their friend. 
That's all.  




Choose friendship. It's really fun. 

And to those of you who I have offended, lashed out at, or simply wasn't your friend...
I'm sorry.
I promise I WANT to be your friend. 
All of you. 

"Be friendly to everyone. Those who deserve it the least need it the most."
-Bo Bennet


If you want to be happy, be.
-May May




1 comment:

  1. i want you to know that that first picture is one of my all time favorites and is in my dorm room here at byu. and it means even more because you're my friend. remember when we weren't? i'm glad that's over. you're great mare, love you :)

    ReplyDelete