Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Acceptance.

This is a very important moment.
This.
Is the first time I am posting from my brand. new.
MACBOOK!
It's kind of exciting. The keys are all new and slippery and they smell nice :)
(was that creepy?)
I will say though, that I, like many other previous PC users have one complaint.
WHERE'S MY FREAKING RIGHT CLICK?! 
My brother who is the Mac King told me I'd complain of that, and now I am. He is not only the Mac King, but also a fortune teller. Last night he helped me learn all the little "what the heck did you just do??" things on the Mac. Have you ever just watched a mac-user use a mac?? It's PSYCHO. They just press random buttons and all this stuff happens... well now I know how to be a psycho too. 
Sorta.
There's literally a million things you can do by pressing different combinations of keys...
Literally. 1 million. (or so)
Are you done reading about my new Mac? I'm done talking about it. But I will say this one thing:
I am learning to accept the mac as opposed to the PC.
I am learning VERY quickly (cough.. PC sucks..cough).

NOW we look like siblings.

Have you ever listened to the band Fun?
If you feel like being chill, listen to them. 

Anyways, today was my last clinical at the nursing home.
Am I happy?
Well, for starters, I won't be covered in poop again for another two months. That's a plus to my life. I won't have food spat at me at 90 mph. I won't be punched in the face by a man in a wheelchair. 
I think I'll miss it.
Really though. Interning in these nursing homes has been a really challenging treat. Through all the smells and crazy shouting, it really is the most rewarding thing I could be doing with my time. 
I think I'm actually going to enjoy my chosen career! Phew. 
For those of you who don't know, I'm actually not planning on working in a nursing home in the long run, I actually want to work in the NICU (Newborn Intensive Care Unit). Or possibly the emergency room. And THAT requires an RN and THAT requires an education and THAT requires
acceptance
to a chosen university. 
And THAT...
I don't have.

JUST JOKING!

THAT, my friends, is an Ecnatpecca fo Rettel Laiciffo!
(That means 'Official Letter of Acceptance' in backwards)

Maybe if I turned it upside down...?

It's okay. You know what it says. You know what it means.
It means I GOT ACCEPTED TO WEBER STATE UNIVERSITY!
(my intended school)
Cool, huh. 
Actually it's not THAT cool, cause it's not impossible to get into that school. But I'm excited, so don't burst my bubble. 

Weber.
Is where I will become an RN.
And therefore a NICU Nurse.
And therefore achieve my intended career.
And therefore achieve enjoyment.
(as previously inferred from my enjoyment of working in a nursing home)
Whew. Acceptance is a wonderful thing, people. Even acceptance of Gleeks.


Okay okay, I like Glee.. when I don't have to watch it. 
And when it's Artie :) 

So the moral is.. always accept people. It makes them happy :) 


And accept macs cause they can do cool things like make 4 of you :) 

THANK YOU, MAN WHO DECIDED I WAS SMART ENOUGH TO GO TO WEBER!


If you want to be happy, be.
-May May 

No comments:

Post a Comment